diapers.com discounts
use code:MELI9005
New Customers Only. Restrictions apply.
baby items
diapers.combuy baby items at diapers.com

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Scary News

I just got my second set of blood test results. My ratio for Trisomy 18 has gone from 1 in 1400 to 1 in 69. They referred me to a genetic counselor who will "go over my options." The fact that I am in a situation where I have "options" is terrifying. I am so scared and I have been sobbing since I left work.

I realize my chances of having a normal, healthy baby are huge, but I'm also mentally preparing myself for the possibility that things may not be perfect. My appointment with the genetic counselor is Tuesday 1/18. T&Ps for my little boy would be appreciated...

6 comments:

The Suburban Princess said...

I am so sorry that this is happening! It sounds super scary! I will be thinking of you and hopefully everything will turn out for the best- 1 in 69 still gives you a huge margin for a healthy baby.

Good luck at your appointment!

Allison said...

Wow, what a shocking thing to find out. Wishing you all kinds of luck.

Mrs. Micek said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Don't worry until you have to worry. Keep a positive mind with positive thoughts.

Bug's Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear. I know you won't feel better until you know for sure but I know several women who have gotten the 1:69 reading and all of them ended up being false alarms. They almost talked me out of doing any testing at all but DH was adamant.

Ill be thinking about you and your LO. Keep us posted.

Tracy said...

I'll agree with Bug's Mom -- I worked at an elementary school which had something in the water as far as pregnancies go -- I had SO many friends come up with false positives. They would then worry for months and it really stressed what should have been a joyous time. I didn't get tested at all because of this, I didn't want to worry.. Besides, God put this little boy in your life for some reason. And I know you are already deeply in love with him. IF by chance something is wrong, you will still smile, you will still kiss his precious cheeks, you will still be his mommy. I work with special needs babies and I can tell you, their moms would walk through fire for them.

Amber said...

I hate what these test do to women. I will be praying for you and your LO. I know everything will be alright. I too have heard of false positives, Not just this test but Downs also.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails