diapers.com discounts
use code:MELI9005
New Customers Only. Restrictions apply.
baby items
diapers.combuy baby items at diapers.com

Thursday, October 28, 2010

First Ultrasound! 5 weeks 5 days


Today I went in for my first ultrasound. Going off my last menstrual period, the doctor assumed I was at least 6 weeks. The embryo was too small to see a heartbeat and was a little hard to find at first. The OB said I looked between 5 1/2 and 6 weeks pregnant. I informed her that I chart and I know I ovulated late--on Cycle Day 18 instead of 14. She said, in that case, everything looks perfect.

I think it's odd that professionals don't let their patients know about the variation in ovulation and how that affects the size of the fetus. Most women are probably told that the fetus is slightly small, when in fact it was probably just a case of later ovulation. That seems like it would cause a lot of needless worry. I'm sure I'd be freaking out if I thought I was 6 weeks 2 days and there was no heartbeat. We could barely even see the baby on my ultrasound. But for 5 weeks 5 days, everything is perfect.

She will wait until my next ultrasound to measure and give me a definite delivery date. My tentative date she gave is June 21, 2010, but that is with an ovulation date on CD14. It looks like Fertility Friend is right on track with my real date of June 25. I will go in again on November 11 to hear the heartbeat. Grow, baby, grow!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You never needed that Flat Belly Diet, silly! You look great :)

Congratulations again on your pregnancy

Mrs. B said...

I love this pic! Is it funny to think that it's beautiful? haha! I can't wait until your next one!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails