diapers.com discounts
use code:MELI9005
New Customers Only. Restrictions apply.
baby items
diapers.combuy baby items at diapers.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

DIY No-Sew Curtains

I found an inspiring tutorial over at Young House Love for some fabulous DIY no-sew curtains. After agonizing over curtain choices online, I decided to save some money and make my own.

For most of the project, all I used was an iron, some iron-on hem tape, and scissors. I found some cute polka-dot fabric that's exactly like some Pottery Barn Kids curtain panels I had my eye on. The great thing is, the PBK curtains would have cost me $100, and I only spent $20 on the fabric.

I have to admit...I DID cheat and sew a little, only because I wanted the top of the curtains to look like the curtains that are currently in the nursery. I could have done this with 2 rows of hem tape, but I figured sewing 2 straight lines would be faster. Here's the old curtain:


For the top of my curtains, I first finished off the edge with hem tape like the tutorial said, then I folded it down 4 inches and ironed it. To make the rod pocket, I sewed a seam 1 1/2" from the edge, and then another seam 2" below that. Here is my finished product:


We don't get direct sunlight through this window, so I probably won't need to add blackout liners. The blinds are faux-wood blinds from Lowe's ($20 less than the same blinds at Home Depot!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails