diapers.com discounts
use code:MELI9005
New Customers Only. Restrictions apply.
baby items
diapers.combuy baby items at diapers.com

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Annoyances

Here are some things that currently bug the crap out of me:

1. My husband seems to need to spend a minimum of 3 hours playing Call of Duty on Saturday mornings. I, on the other hand, am usually motivated to clean the house on Saturday mornings. Currently, the dishes need to be done and the stove needs to be cleaned (even though he told me 3 weeks ago he was going to clean it--he hasn't touched it). So I can either start cleaning and resent him for playing video games, or I sit at the computer and be just as unproductive as he is. Then the cleaning will still need to be done later, and chances are I won't have the energy.

2. My chiropractor has asked me on 3 occasions if we have a name picked out for the baby. When I tell him no, he proceeds to spend 5 minutes brainstorming names...and I always hate everything he comes up with. I finally broke down and told him my favorite name so far (Nicholas) in hopes that he would stop listing names. It didn't work.

3. I love that I now have a definite baby bump, but I'm annoyed by the fact that people I come across every day have to comment on it. In addition to my first graders telling me daily, "I can see your belly getting bigger!" I also have their parents making comments each day: "You're really showing now!" "OH, you're getting a little belly now, aren't you?" etc. etc. It's making me really self conscious and annoyed. I hope the novelty wears off soon so I don't have to hear this every day for the next 4 months.

4 comments:

Jen said...

If it makes you feel any better my DH has spent 8 hrs playing call of duty today. I HATE video games and the x-box is going the moment I hit full term.

Rachel said...

You should enjoy your pregnancy and be greatful that you have a 'bump'. It's a fabulous thing that doesn't happen to everyone. You are very lucky.

Melissa McMommy said...

Rachel- I don't think anything in my post said that I'm not enjoying my pregnancy and that I don't love my bump. I am thankful every day of my life that I am pregnant.

I DON'T have to love daily reminders from people that I'm getting bigger. Especially when I'm already self conscious about the fact that I gained 6 pounds this past week.

Bug's Mom said...

Let me tell you... your husband doing useless crap and not helping only gets more annoying after the baby comes. I kind. Of feel like strangling DH who sat around all morning while I did the grocery shopping for the week. Here. He's now mowing the lawn because apparently I'm a little grouchy.

The bump comments could be worse. My principal called me chubby and dump throughout my pregnancy and made comments like "how are you still walking?"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails