Here is my recipe for this week:
Chocolate Cinnamon Bread Pudding
* 5 slices whole-wheat or white bread, torn into small pieces
* 2 large eggs
* 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
* 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1/4 cup coco powder
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread the bread in the dish in an even layer. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the evaporated skim milk, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until the sugar and cocoa dissolve. Pour the cocoa mixture over the bread. With a fork, mix in any unsoaked bread pieces. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and let stand for 10 minutes. Bake for 35 minutes, or until puffed and set in the center. Serve warm, with a scoop of the frozen yogurt on top.
Makes 6 servings.