I have spent a lot of time this summer on The Bump's forum board "Trying to Get Pregnant." Many ladies have come and gone in the time I've been trying to conceive. Some are more annoying and uninformed than others. If you are TTC, come join us on The Bump! But don't say any of these things:
Here are the Top 10 ways to be instantly hated by a group of women who are TTC:
10."My period is 15 minutes late…am I preggers???????????????"
9. "I’ve lurked here for YEARS, and I figured now is the perfect time for my first post. This morning I got a BFP!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEE!!! Hugs??" (The general rule of thumb is, if we don't know you, we don't care.)
8. "Newbies unite!!" ::carrying pitchforks::
7. "Apparently the only way to be cool here is to be infertile." (*Yes, someone said this in not so many words recently!)
6. "Does a faint line count?" (Um, hello? Read the directions on the box.)
5. "What’s your favorite color?"
*then post 5 minutes later* "Hey guys! What color do you like?"
*30 seconds later* "I SAID, What's your favorite color?...ANSWER ME!! Ohmigawd...you all are a bunch of b!tches."
4. "My sister's husband's best friend's wife had a cramp in her a$$ yesterday. Could she be pregnant? I told her I'd ask you guys. Thanks in advance!" (Do not tell us your symptoms or anyone else's symptoms and expect a diagnosis. Go pee on a stick.)
3. "How long did it take you all to get your BFPs? Can you all post a pic of your BFPs?? Congrats everyone on your BFPs!!!" (Some people have a hard time understanding that the board is for people TRYING to get pregnant. No joke.)
2. "Well, SOME of you have gotten BFPs because you have other kids already...couldn't just those people respond? The rest of you are just bitter anyways." ("intolerant of stupidity" is sometimes confused with "bitterness" on this board)
...........and the #1 way to be instantly hated on this board IS: ::drumroll::
1. "So far I’ve peed on 5 HPTs, 3OPKs, my BBT, and my dog Sammy…and they all say I’m not pregnant. But do you think they could be wrong? My boobs hurt. I’m probably totally preggo, right? Yeah, that’s what I thought. Thanks guys!"