This recipe was sent to me courtesy of SparkPeople.com (a great site!). Don't be fooled by the title! This "banana split" has no ice cream and it's completely healthy. It's also a creative way to get your kids to eat more fruit! I'm always on the lookout for kid-friendly recipes that I can use when I have kids. Here it is:
Watermelon Blueberry Banana Split
* 2 large bananas
* 8 "scoops" watermelon and/or cantaloupe
* 1 cup blueberries (or raspberries or strawberries)
* 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
* 1/4 cup granola
1. Peel bananas and cut in half crosswise, then cut each piece in half lengthwise. For each serving, lay 2 banana pieces against the sides of a shallow dish.
2. To make watermelon "scoops" use an ice cream scoop to create balls of watermelon. Remove seeds, if needed. Place a watermelon "scoop" at each end of the dish.
3. Fill the center space with berries.
4. Stir yogurt until smooth, spoon over the watermelon "scoops".
5. Sprinkle with granola.
Share your recipe and link up: