I just had to Google it to see if there was such thing as a miniature husky. I discovered that it was probably an Alaskan Klee Kai. According to Wikipedia, the Klee Kai comes in 3 heights:
- Toy size Alaskan Klee Kai are up to and including 13 inches.
- Miniature Alaskan Klee Kai are over 13 inches high and up to 15 inches high.
- Standard Alaskan Klee Kai are over 15 inches high and up to 17 inches high.
Wikipedia also explains that in dog shows it is a "serious fault" if the Klee Kai is between 17 to 17 1/2 inches tall, and over 17 1/2 inches is an "eliminating fault," meaning the poor dog would be eliminated from competing. That's harsh, man.
When my husband and I are leaving to go somewhere, we sometimes say, "Like the fat kid in dodgeball, I'M OUT!" Our new phrase is, "like a 17 1/2 inch Klee Kai, I'M OUT!"
Other interesting facts I learned about the Alaskan Klee Kai:
- They are very clean, do not like to get their feet wet, and spend hours a day grooming.
- They don't shed all year long. The shed twice a year.
- They don't have the typical dog smell or dog breath